Free Fine Art Techniques Video Tutorials
Choose a painting from the pictures below and click to proceed to the tutorial and demonstration.
See how it's done! These online video tutorials have been produced especially for web delivery so you can discover the benefits of Fine Art Techniques right now, and for free. We want people to see that the techniques are very simple - and very powerful. These online tutorials are NOT of the same quality - and certainly NOT of the same detail - as our comprehensive DVD's for sale. However, we have taken every care and effort to try to deliver you a quality online which will help you at least in some way.
Each tutorial uses several of the Fine Art Techniques. To obtain the benefit of the demonstrations, please download the Techniques eBook available here, or if you can, obtain the comprehensive Fine Art Techniques DVD Triple Pack (Preview it here - pop up window) . There isn't enough time in the online videos to explain how to mix and apply the Techniques used, but you can obtain them immediately in the eBook, or delivered to your door in comprehensive detail in the DVD Pack.
Some more helpful points before watching the Tutorials:
• As you'll see, the effects come about because of the combination of the techniques.
• We have to make it clear that what you see here is only one way of combining the techniques.
• We are not saying: "This is how you should paint". We are saying: "Here is a way of painting which we are confident will help you find your own combination, your own choices in painting your own way."
• We are also saying this is the best way to learn advanced technique and advanced painting structure. Years of experience has pared down the teaching process to connect you to the seam of golden creativity which will last a lifetime. Learn what we are providing here, and you'll be creating magnificent works of art more quickly than you'd imagined, and you'll be able to combine the techniques your way sooner than otherwise possible.
• To complete these tutorials successfully, you'll absolutely need to maintain these simple things: keep your early colors light in tone (nothing that looks like a dark, early!), and use unmixed paint (don't blend the paints together on the palette).
• Watch the tutorials many times, because history has shown us that every time an artist watches again, something very important is learned for the first time. A penny will drop, each time, and you'll advance much more quickly the more you do these.
• Learn to see the quality in what you do. Creating art is much like making sandwiches. We're serious! Sandwiches seem to taste better when someone else makes them; so too, history has shown us that an artist more easily sees the quality in another's work before their own. You have to learn to love your own work if you want to succeed. Of course, we are all critical, and our own expectations are the highest - but do learn to see the quality in what you do.
• You'll see also that amazing effects are created with extremely quick applications. If you find you are working and working the paint on the canvas, it is time to stop. Take a check of what the technique, the mix, the application, is required for that section. Go through the tutorial again and again until you unlock your problem - until you find what you've been missing. Advanced painting is quick, and it's easy.
• Finally, please understand we're limited by the internet (but not in the DVD's). These online tutorials have taken several months to produce, and we provide them free with hour after hour of consideration for getting results for you. We do want to give you the benefit as much as we can, because we are all too aware that poor technique and poor teaching has brought a lot of dissatisfaction to many people, to say the least. These online tutorials don't show the best we can do for you. For that, you have available here our very comprehensive DVD's.